Accommodation, Whitby North Yorkshire
YHA Whitby Abbey House is a magnificent Grade 1 listed mansion situated immediately beside the iconic ruins of Whitby Abbey. Enjoy breath taking views over the harbour and North Yorkshire Moors with just a short walk to the town, via 199 steps. The hostel offers superb accommodation for families and groups and is the ideal base for exploring Whitby and its year round attractions. YHA Whitby offers an unforgettable experience in a historic setting with many original artefacts throughout the hostel. Look out for the interpretation boards with information about the features including 13th Century carved oak Viking beam, 18th century wallpaper and stunning Victorian stained glass.
After a busy day exploring the unique town, wild moors and fabulous beaches, relax and enjoy a delicious meal in our spacious Abbey House Tearooms or eat al fresco in the garden. Both have spectacular views over the harbour. YHA Whitby is the perfect venue for school trips with an established activity package for Key Stage 2 & 3 that complements the National Curriculum and makes the most of the wonderful location and history.
The hostel offers superb accommodation for families and groups and is the ideal base for exploring Whitby and its year round attractions. Whitby at a glance:
- Fully refurbished accommodation in a heritage setting
- 23 rooms with en-suites, many with original features
- Playroom with books and toys for kids and toddlers
- Fully licensed restaurant with Abbey House Tearooms and gardens
- Function room for celebration events and meetings/conferences
- Disabled access with allocated parking and lift to specially adapted bedroom
- Beautiful 'Georgian Lounge', games room, classroom, conservatory and lounge
- Award winning Yorkshire in Bloom 'Physic Garden' for residents
Start your day in this gorgeous seaside town with a hearty breakfast, served from 7:30am until 9am. Hot and cold options are available so there's something for everyone. Breakfast is now available at 10% off - ONLY WHEN PRE-BOOKED. Simply add it to your basket at check out to save!